Go For Green
The first step to a healthy landscape is the grass. Keeping it green and looking healthy is a great way to increase the curb appeal of any property. Dry, dead grass does not show visitors, employees, and customers that your property is cared for. Landscaping maintenance should include:
- Remove leaves and other debris from the grounds routinely, not just in the fall.
- Aerating helps to ensure the roots of the grass can absorb the water, nutrients, and air which will create a healthy green and lush lawn.
- Fertilizing the lawn during the main growing season with key nutrients every 6-8 weeks will help to keep it growing strong.
- Deeply watering your property’s grass infrequently, instead of daily actually helps to encourage the roots to grow better.
- Regular mowing is needed to help keep the lawn at the optimum height. When grass is not cut short, but instead allowed to grow slightly taller, the shade will actually help prevent weeds from growing.
- Edging is important in maintaining clear boundaries between your landscape beds and your lawn. Grass will naturally begin to grow onto your walkways, parking lots, and sidewalks if not edged regularly.
- Pet Waste can become a real problem for your property’s green spaces if there are residences near your property. People walking their dogs and using your landscape and lawn as their potty spot may cause damage and can become unhealthy. You may need to speak to the local homeowners or enlist the services of a pet waste management company to routinely clean up the waste.
|“Shoppers claim they will spend nine to 12 percent more for goods and services in central business districts that have high quality tree canopies.” - Urban Greening Research|
Not all maintenance teams are experienced in lawn care. To ensure your property looks its best, consider hiring a professional landscape company. They will have the knowledge and experience to turn around even the roughest landscapes. If you are looking to sell your commercial property or are trying to increase your occupancy rate, quick-fixes like installing fresh sod can make for nearly instant results. The ROI is worth the initial cost of the sod installation.
|…”landscaping has the potential to increase the resale value of a property by 14 percent. And, even more surprisingly, landscaping can also increase the time it takes to sell commercial property by as much as six weeks.”|