Landscape Management Services
A vibrant and healthy turf makes your property look great. By keeping it well-maintained, you will protect it from pests while building resistance to weed growth. Every property manager wants their turf looking perfectly green and free of weeds. With proper maintenance, we will craft a landscape you can be proud of. You can expect the following services performed during the year:
- Pre-emergent weed control turf application ~ performed during the start of spring, the application eliminates weeds at the earliest stage of growth, before they are seen.
- Post-emergent control turf application ~ throughout growing season Round Up application is applied to kill weeds in mulch beds, walkways and parking lots.
- Turf fertilization ~ We begin to fertilize your turf late spring as the grass starts growing fastest during these periods.
- Lawn aeration and over-seeding ~ Your turf requires nutrients and oxygen to survive and thrive. By over-seeding, you will increase the health and improve the thickness of grass.
Mowing service includes the following:
- Mowing heights are set between 3 and 3.5 depending on weather conditions.
- Weekly visits in the spring and fall.
- Bi-weekly visits in the summer.
- Irrigated properties will be mowed weekly throughout the season.
- Mow and bag clippings
- String trim and edge lawns, beds, sidewalks, and curbs
- Weed whack the perimeters for a clean, crisp appearance
- Blow dirt and grass off hard surfaces, such as patios, walkways, sidewalks, curbs and driveways
Fall is widely considered the most beautiful season here in the greater DC area. With vibrant leaves and cool air, we are signaled for a change in season. This, of course, means that leaves will start to fall and accumulate throughout your property. Our expectation is to have properties cleaned of leaves by the holidays (weather permitting). We offer different options for your leaf cleanup:
- Leaves can either be blown into wooded areas (if available).
- Leaves can be mulched up with the mowers (in low visibility areas).
- Leaves can be vacuumed up and completely removed off site (high visibility areas).
When it is time for your commercial landscape maintenance spring cleanup, we have the experience and equipment to do it right. Property owners understand the importance of "curb appeal" and know that spring cleanup and applying mulch is very important for the look and well being of their property. It is one of the major services we offer to our commercial clients, accounting for up to 30 % of a commercial landscape maintenance contract. It includes the following:
- Pruning ~ We will prune and cut back your Knock Out roses, perennials, perennial grasses, shrubs and trees that have their flowers grow from new wood. Trimming will enable the perennials to bloom more successfully the next season. This step is important for your landscape to optimize both airflow and sunlight to keep your plants and the crowns of flowering trees healthy.
- Edging ~ We will give your beds and property lines a clean and finished look by installing edging around all your landscape beds and between landscape / hardscape boundary areas.
- Debris Cleanup ~ Throughout the season, naturally occurring debris will accumulate on the property. We will clear areas of debris including large and small twigs and overgrown weeds.
Shrub & Ornamental
We make sure your shrubs are healthy and prepared for the changing of each season. Shrub trimming is scheduled throughout the season depending on the species of shrub and its surrounding habitat. Selective pruning is carefully performed to maintain the natural or existing shape of each shrub according to its blooming cycle.
If you think of your property as a Christmas tree, then the flowers and plantings are the ornaments which make it stand out. We'll work with you to design a great landscape, recommending which flowers to plant together. Planting flowers is both science and art. While the goal is having flowers and plantings that have great curb appeal, we have to account for proper sunlight, slope of the land and irrigation. Flowers and plantings take place during two parts of your maintenance schedule.
May - June: Summer Flower Rotation
September - October: Annual Flower Rotation
Irrigation systems are very important in providing water to maintain a healthy landscape. Our DC area weather an be very harsh during the summer because of hot temperatures and infrequent rain. This makes it difficult to provide the necessary amount of water your landscape needs to stay healthy and beautiful. Many times, an efficient irrigation system can also result in substantial savings in water usage.